We posted two new photo galleries, Donny’s 24th B-Day and New Years Eve 2007. It’s worth noting that Donny’s 24th B-Day celebration at Lizzy McCormacks was “off the chain”! It was a blast, one of the better nights we’ve spent downtown in awhile. Thanks to everyone who came out and celebrated with us.
More interesting links for you guys:
- The Man Who Shook Up Vegas – It’s all in the numbers… pretty darn cool, even if you don’t gamble.
- Canadian Spy Coins in Your Pocket? – This is bizarre! Coins with location tracking capabilities.
- iPhone Keynote Address by Steve Jobs – The iPhone intro video is worth a look. Angel wants one. I want one. You will too. Check out this “hands-on” review from Gizmodo, this one from NY Times, or this CBS demo video on YouTube.
- The Chopstick Test – You better study your chopstick etiquette if you want to get into a school in Japan.
- When Buying a Diamond Starts with a Mouse – An intersting article about online diamond sales. They spend a great deal of time discussing the online diamond merchant Blue Nile. While I didn’t buy Angel’s engagment ring from these guys, I did use their site for about 85% of my research on diamonds, and also a basis for the price point when I was browsing the diamond exchange stores in NYC. If you find yourself preparing for the next step with your significant other, Blue Nile is a great place to start unraveling the engagement ring mystery.
- Google is the Best Workplace – This company doesn’t cease to amaze me. Free gourmet meals, dry cleaning, flex schedules…
- You are The Person of 2006 – This is old news. But, for those who haven’t read this short editorial, it’s worth a quick read.
Here are a few links that I came across in the past couple of weeks. I thought they were interesting enough to share. Enjoy yourselves.
- Wallpapr – a slick wallpaper search interface to Flickr’s massive gallery of user photos.
- NPR Marketplace Morning Report – A direct link to the web directory hosting National Public Radio’s daily 4:50AM and 5:50AM Marketplace Morning Report and previous archives in mp3 format. Quickly grab the latest business news summary every morning.
- Talking Salmons – A military journalist blogs from the front lines in Iraq. Gives the reader an interesting first hand perspective on the war.
- TIME’s 50 Coolest Websites – TIME’s take on the coolest sites. There are some goodies in this list.
- Young Turn to Websites Without Rules – We don’t need no education. We don’t need no thought control.
- Long or Short – Simple Steps to Becoming a Billionaire – This site hosts some pretty darn funny financial humor. Their are some true gems over here… browse around.
- Buying vs. Renting – An interesting blog post on the advantages and disadvantages of buying vs. renting a house. Some of the comments are equally as insightful.