Google Calculator has been around now for the last three and a half years, so a post on this Google service isn’t exactly groundbreaking. However, I came across this article on lifehack.org while I was doing a little research for work yesterday afternoon. It reminded me of some cool conversion and calculation tricks I had messed around with in the past. At that moment I was just looking for a quick currency conversion, and the easiest way to accomplish this nowadays is Google’s Calculator shortcut. Satisfied with the quick conversion, I finished my research and then decided to kill a little time by messing around with Google Calculator.
Here are a bunch of fun problems that can be quickly solved by utilizing some cool Google calculation tricks:
- What is the speed of light in miles per hour?
- How many Mexican Pesos are in 300 U.S. dollars?
- How many megabytes in a terabyte?
- What is the mass of planet Earth in pounds?
- What is the mass of the Sun in pounds?
- What is 75 degrees Fahrenheit in Celsius?
- What is 12,345 converted to in binary?
- What is the roman numeral representation of 1,197?
- How many minutes are in a decade?
- How many ounces are in 5 gallons?