post written by: Marc Chernoff
30 “If Statements” in Life Worth Learning
Here are 30 “if statements” worth learning if you have the intentions of leading a more productive life.
If I am what I have and if I lose what I have, who then am I?
- Erich Fromm
- If you don’t understand the product or service, don’t buy it until you do.
- If you do not take ownership of your actions, your actions will eventually own you.
- If you are not saving at least 10% of your salary, you are not saving enough.
- If you talk too much, people will stop listening. If you don’t talk enough, people will never hear your point of view.
- If you are lazy, you will fail. Laziness will always overshadow your true potential.
- If you hate your job, you also hate half of the time you spend on this planet.
- If you are not investing (120 minus your age) percent of your savings in the stock market, you are giving up thousands of dollars over the course of your lifetime.
- If you don’t finish what you start, your success rate will always be zero.
- If you don’t consume enough liquids, you will never be healthy.
- If your monthly debt payments exceed 40% of your total income, you will go broke if you don’t fix your spending habits promptly.
- If you avoid your problems, your problems will steer the course of your life.
- If something sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true.
- If you are buying a brand new car every 3-5 years, stop! You are wasting your money.
- If you don’t keep up with important current events, you will look like an idiot in front of others.
- If you back-up on a freeway off-ramp, you increase your chances of having an accident by about 1000%. Go to the next exit and turn around.
- If you are not learning something new every day, you are wasting away days of your life.
- If you threaten to quit your job, even if it’s a subtle suggestion, you better be ready to leave now.
- If somebody asks you for your social security number, don’t give it to them!
- If you are paying high monthly insurance premiums for a lower claim deductible, you are pissing in the wind.
- If you don’t ever intend to help others, expect them to return the favor.
- If you don’t learn from your mistakes, you probably aren’t learning much at all.
- If you don’t dream, you will live solely as an entity of someone else’s dreams.
- If you are ever confused, don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- If you don’t listen to good music while exercising, you are missing out on the best part of your workout.
- If you are not happy, it’s time to change something.
- If you never stare off into the distance, you’ll never get there.
- If you dress a certain way, people will treat you a certain way.
- If you never try something new, your life’s story will be boring.
- If you aren’t in love, don’t settle.
- If you are overly emotional right now, make the decision later.