30 Ways to Make Today a Good Day

Make Today a Good Day

One today is worth two tomorrows.
-Benjamin Franklin

Yesterday is history and tomorrow is merely a figment of your imagination.  So if you think about it, today is the only day you’re truly alive.  Here’s how to make it a good one:

1. Get started a few minutes early.
  2. Work on something that’s meaningful to you.
  3. Complete an important piece of unfinished business.
  4. Spend time with positive, friendly people.
  5. Do something nice for someone else.
  6. Be present. Focus on where you are, what you’re doing and who you’re with right now.
  7. Do one thing at a time.  (Read Getting Things Done.)
  8. Listen to your self-talk.  When you hear negative thoughts, think about the positive side of things.
  9. Smile, even when there’s no pressing reason to do so.
  10. Unplug.  Entertain yourself with real-world experiences.
  11. Go somewhere new.  See something new.  Meet someone new.
  12. Do something that makes you laugh.
  13. Challenge your mind.  Learn a new skill.
  14. Challenge your body.  Exercise for 30 minutes.  (Read The 4-Hour Body.)
  15. Let someone help you.
  16. Clear a little clutter by getting rid of something you don’t need.
  17. Be honest with yourself and those around you.
  18. Don’t compare yourself to others.  Instead, let them inspire you.
  19. Spend a few minutes alone in silence, just thinking.
  20. Focus on solutions.
  21. Keep an open mind to new ideas and information.
  22. Handle important two-minute tasks immediately.
  23. Stay out of other people’s drama.  And don’t needlessly create your own.
  24. Say, “Please,” “Thank you,” “I’m sorry” and “I love you,” when you should.
  25. Don’t try to please everyone.  Just do what you know is right.
  26. Eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  27. Savor the natural joy of simple pleasures.
  28. Notice what’s right with the world.
  29. Focus on all the things you already have, think about them and appreciate them.
  30. Get to sleep a little earlier tonight so you’re well rested tomorrow.

And remember, a smile is the most beautiful curve on the human body.  So go now and strut your stuff.  😉

Photo by: Joisey Showaa

Comments

The most beautiful curve is so evident in my face while I’m reading the list! And if I may add — Make a kiddo smile and see the twinkle in her eyes.

Would love to see those eyes with adults too :)

Really helpful list as always. Last week I did something that was really helpful along these same lines as well. It may be a good addition.

Do a portion of your work in a new way today!

I was so used to sitting in front of a computer to do everything, that I just took a pad of paper and pen and went to a computer free desk to brainstorm. It was very energizing and productive just to change my environment and have a focus.

Thanks for the reminder to stay out of other people’s drama. I needed to hear that today. It can be tempting to get involved, especially when someone is trying to pick a fight!

First and foremost, Great Blog!

I love this article and I like all 30 ideas. We need to remember to not just read this great posts we get on this blogs, but to understand and take action on the ideas. We tend to read a lot but have a hard time doing the most important part; putting things into action.

Ps. Your “Makes Me Think” section is absolutely inspiring.

Such powerful – yet simple – advice! Going someplace new, meeting new people, learning something new, exercising, and going for a walk outdoors are all ways I’ve found to really make any day a good one.

Thanks for the tips!

Was meaning to elaborate on the points I am strongly attached to. But when I got to #30 with a smile on my face, I just had to pick up my phone and call Mom. Just to say goodnight and thank her for that chain email. Then I had to be in bed. :)

7. Bossolaoye says

Wonderful piece!!! Keep reminding us the spices of life we have repressed to the deepest part of our subconscious in our quest in these ever demanding times of our lives.

8. Paige Surrey says

Thank you so much for this inspiring article! Lovely points and great guidelines to follow. It’s amazing how much power words have! I sincerely feel much happier upon having read this. What an uplifting message!

Great list! I’ve learned over the years that each day is what you make of it! Far too often we spend too much time planning to live and never actually living.

Thanks again for sharing!