post written by: Marc
15 Things Everyone Needs You To Do
Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness,
to pull another hand into the light.
-Norman B. Rice
A silhouette of a human being stands before you.
Perhaps a friend. Perhaps a lover. Perhaps a perfect stranger.
They need you to connect with them. They need you to share this moment.
They need you to…
- Notice without critiquing.
- Appreciate without comparing.
- Listen without interruption.
- Question without objection.
- Challenge without mocking.
- Consider without doubting.
- Discuss without criticizing.
- Smile without hesitation.
- Give without expectation.
- Comfort without lying.
- Guide without misleading.
- Forgive without resentment.
- Rest without judgment.
They need you to be you – just the way you are.
And they need you to respect them – just the way they are.
Photo by: Evan Lane