Count your blessings, not your troubles. Live one day at a time. Let the wrong things go. Give more than you take. Look for the good in people and situations. Make time for those who matter. Laugh when you can. Cry when you need to. Focus on your priorities. Make decisions, not excuses. And always stay true to your values.
Yes, today is the perfect day to stand up and say…
- I am fighting hard for the things I want most. – The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives. The harder you have to fight for something, the more it will be worth to you once you achieve it. And the more pain you have to endure on your journey, the sweeter the arrival at your destination. Most great things don’t come easy, but they are worth waiting for and fighting for.
- I am taking action now. – Many great things can be done in a day if you don’t always make that day tomorrow. Don’t let your fear of making a mistake stop you. A life spent making mistakes is not only more enjoyable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. Read Getting Things Done.
- I am focusing on the next positive step. – A situation can occur in life that stops us dead in our tracks, frozen with fear. We can either stay stuck in that place by continuing to give it our attention, or we can gently remove our attention from whatever is happening, and focus instead on our next step – on what is possible tomorrow. Remember, the future holds nothing but endless potential. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. We just have to get there.
- I am proud to wear my truth. – How others see you is not important. How you see yourself means everything. To be beautiful means to live confidently in your own skin. Say it, and then say it again: “This is my life, my choices, my mistakes, and my lessons. Not yours.”
- I have a lot to smile about. – Happiness is not a result of getting something you don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what you do have. You create happiness with your attitude, your behavior and your actions. It is all up to you. Read The Happiness Project.
- I am making the best of it. – Everything you go through grows you. Sometimes you think doing something is a total waste of time, and then it ends up being one of the best things you ever did. Don’t judge the day before it unfolds. Amazing things can and do happen when you least expect them. Let each day be a scavenger hunt in which you must find at least one of these things: a sincere laugh, an act of kindness, a realization, or a lesson that will lead you closer to your dreams.
- I am letting go of yesterday’s stress. – Sometimes the reason it’s so hard for us to be happy is simply because we refuse to let go of the things that make us upset. As the sun sets on this day, let it go. Leave behind the stress, the drama and the worries. Lay this day to rest. Tomorrow is about hope, new possibilities, and the opportunity to make a better day.
- There is enough time today to do something I love. – Where did you leave your happiness? With an old lover? In a city you once lived in? In a story you never finished writing? In a dream you gave up on? In a hope you got too weary to carry? Wherever you left it, go back and retrieve it. If you don’t remember where you left it, dedicate a little time today to doing something you love to do, and you will find your happiness somewhere nearby.
- I am priceless in someone’s eyes. – Being with someone who overlooks your worth isn’t loyalty, it’s stupidity. Don’t let the people who aren’t worth it get to you. Focus on those who love and accept you for who you are, and shower them with the love and kindness they deserve. And above all, cherish the people who saw you when you were invisible to everyone else. Read The Mastery of Love.
- It’s not too late. – No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change and become a better version of yourself. Peace, strength and direction will come to you when you manage to tune out the noisy judgments of others, in an effort to better hear the soft and steady hum of your own inner strength. And once you hear it, you will realize that it’s not too late to be what you might have been.
Photo by: Darwin Bell