Don’t walk away from these situations, RUN! Life is too precious not to.
Start running from…
- People who keep hurting you. – Stop wondering why people keep hurting you. Ask yourself, “Why am I continuously allowing this to happen?” Speak up. Stand up for yourself. Sometimes we suffer, not because of the violence others inflict on us, but because of our own silence. Read The Mastery of Love.
- Love that lies. – If another person steals the heart of the person you love, be thankful that you learned the truth sooner rather than later. Because their love was never true – true love can’t be stolen. We have to accept the fact that some people are going to stay in our hearts for a long time, even if they don’t stay in our lives.
- Procrastination. – Sometimes we ask questions not to seek answers but to affirm something our soul knows already. You’re not doing yourself a favor by merely hearing the same answer from people over and over again. It is accepting the truth, making a conscious change and finally moving on to other things that is your answer. Give your soul a chance to explore the life you are meant to live. Stop asking the same questions – at some point you have to make a decision and take action.
- Impatience. – The principle part of faith is patience. When we walk by faith there will be times when we hear and see nothing, and are tempted to aggravate a situation in the best effort to make things happen faster. We are tempted to sway from being faithful and patient, and attempt to create more options for ourselves, without pausing long enough to notice what is. A faithful mind requires a patient will. Things will not always seem to move fast enough in your life, but they are usually moving as fast as they should be. Read The Power of Now.
- Superficial stereotyping. – If you judge others by their skin color, their body size, and their outer beauty, you will miss EVERYTHING about who they really are.
- Materialism. – No matter where life takes you, big cities or small towns, you will inevitably come across small minds – people who think they’re better than you – people who think that material possessions, dressing a certain way, driving a fancy car, etc. makes you a worthwhile human being. But material things don’t matter. What matters is having strength of character, integrity, and a sense of self-worth. And if you’re lucky enough to have any of these things, never sell them. Never sell yourself short.
- Rushed relationships. – Don’t rush into any kind of relationship. Work on yourself. Feel yourself, experience yourself and love yourself. Do this first and soon you will get the attention of the right people, and gradually attract them into your life.
- The reckless expectation of perfection. – Don’t berate others for not being perfect. Admire them for not being fake. Even though you probably sometimes get confused, you don’t really want your friends and lovers to be perfect. What you do want is people you can trust, who treat you right – people you can act silly with, who love being around you as much as you love being around them.
- People who only tell you what you want to hear. – It’s so easy to believe someone when they’re telling you exactly what you want to hear. But you have to watch what they do too. Actions speak louder than words – actions speak the whole truth.
- People who continuously overlook your worth. – You are not a back-up plan. You are worth more than someone’s second choice. You can’t force yourself to stop loving someone, but you can tell yourself that you deserve better. Never settle for second best. Always look out for number one. Because you can’t expect to be someone else’s priority if you aren’t your own.
- Situations that force you to be someone you’re not. – In this crazy world that’s trying to make you like everyone else, the toughest battle you’ll ever have to fight is the battle to be yourself. And as you’re fighting back, not everyone will like you. Sometimes people will call you names because you’re “different.” But that’s okay. The things that make you different are the things that make YOU.
- A long-term situation or routine that you hate. – It’s better to be a failure at something you love than to succeed at doing something you hate. Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours. The best thing you can do in life is follow your intuition. Take risks. Don’t just make the safe and easy choices because you’re afraid of what might happen. If you do, nothing will ever happen. Read Quitter.
- The easy-street mentality. – Most great things must be earned. There is no elevator to success; you must take the stairs. So forget how you feel and remember what you deserve. Right NOW is always the best time to break out of your shell and show the world who you really are and what you’re really made of. Chances must be taken, mistakes must be made, and lessons must be learned. It might be an uphill climb, but when you reach that mountaintop it will be worth every ounce of blood, sweat and tears you put into it.
- Self-doubt. – When you become your own best friend, life gets easier. There is nothing to hold you back except you. You are limited only by your imagination. Rest in the knowledge that you don’t have to prove yourself to anyone’s heart but your own.
- Negativity. – Sometimes life sucks. Sometimes life gets so hard that you don’t want to get out of bed in the morning. Sometimes life is so stressful that all you want to do is cry. But sometimes life is beautiful. Sometimes life is so awesome that all you want to do is smile. Sometimes you just have to stay positive, and push through the hard times. Why? Because life is worth it. The good times are worth it. You are worth it.
Photo by: Josh Janssen