Us Generation-Xers are looking alright for the immediate and uncertain future! At least that’s what The NY Times says.
Also, this is kind of crazy: 4 in 10 Babies are Born to Single Mothers.
Goodnight. Sleep tight. 😉
Okay, so my friends know that I’m not exactly a card carrying member of the hip-hop community. But I still enjoy some quality rap from time to time. This is a video of a freestyle rapper by the name of Aries Spears who can accurately impersonate the sounds of Snoop Dog, DMX, and Jay-Z… and he does it all in the same set. I certainly appreciate talent when I see it. Very cool!
Here’s a goodie for you:
Cna yuo raed tihs? Suteids sohw taht olny aoubt 55 prcenet of plepoe can (atculley trheer is no scuh sudty). I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. Tihs sohws us the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are in, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset of the txet can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but isntaed rades the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and we awlyas tghuhot slpelnig was ipmorantt!
Pretty interesting… I’m not exactly sure who wrote it. I originally saw this a few months ago inserted as the test blog entry in a fresh installation of the Joomla content management system (so maybe a Joomla programmer wrote it). Now it seems to be spreading around in chain mail as well… thanks Ash 😉 I looked into it far enough to confirm that there is absolutely no such study on this topic at an English university. Anyway, it was interesting enough to post. Okay, now everyone quickly send this to your favorite English teacher… I mean… Oaky, now erveoyne, qciukly sned tihs to yuor fvaortie Eginslh tahceer.
Okay, this list isn’ perfect. Some of these bullet points may be a little cheesy, and there are a few too many “God” comments. However, you caught me a little drunk on a friday night, because right now I think this is a fairly decent list to live by.
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. Its OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14 If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years will it matter?”
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone for everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family will.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
50. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
The author is unknown.
I tried to order a cup of coffee flavored coffee this morning at 7-11, but failed miserably. I was on my way to a meeting and I had to stop for gas. While I was filling up my truck I decided to run in and grab a cup of coffee. But 7-11 was fresh out of Regular… although they did have Maple Pecan and Decaf freshly brewed. Anyways, it reminded me of this skit. An oldie, but a goodie. Denis Leary is the Fing man! Enjoy yourselves.