In your quiet moments, what do you think about? How far you’ve come, or how far you have to go? Your strengths, or your weaknesses? The best that might happen, or the worst that might come to be? In your quiet moments, pay attention to your thoughts. Because maybe, just maybe, the only thing that needs to shift in order for you to experience more happiness, more love, and more vitality, is your way of thinking.
Here are 60 thought-provoking quotes and life lessons gathered from our book and our blog archive that will help you adjust your way of thinking.
- You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- Don’t think of cost. Think of value.
- Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly.
- Too many people buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t know. Read Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
- If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.
- Making one person smile can change the world – maybe not the whole world, but their world.
- Saying someone is ugly doesn’t make you any prettier.
- The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well.
- Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
- The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.
- It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company.
- As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones.
- Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.
- Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak, sometimes it means you are strong enough and smart enough to let go and move on.
- Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, etc…
- If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
- Don’t choose the one who is beautiful to the world; choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
- Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.
- True love isn’t about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated.
- While you’re busy looking for the perfect person, you’ll probably miss the imperfect person who could make you perfectly happy.
- Never do something permanently foolish just because you are temporarily upset.
- You can learn great things from your mistakes when you aren’t busy denying them. Read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- In life, if you don’t risk anything, you risk everything.
- When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
- Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
- There isn’t anything noble about being superior to another person. True nobility is in being superior to the person you once were.
- Trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
- You will never become who you want to be if you keep blaming everyone else for who you are now.
- People are more what they hide than what they show.
- Sometimes people don’t notice the things others do for them until they stop doing them.
- Don’t listen to what people say, watch what they do.
- Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone.
- Love is not about sex, going on fancy dates, or showing off. It’s about being with a person who makes you happy in a way nobody else can.
- Anyone can come into your life and say how much they love you. It takes someone really special to stay in your life and show how much they love you.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion; today is special.
- Love and appreciate your parents. We are often so busy growing up, we forget they are also growing old.
- When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
- Learn to love yourself first, instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.
- When someone tells you, “You’ve changed,” it might simply be because you’ve stopped living your life their way.
- Someone else doesn’t have to be wrong for you to be right.
- Be happy. Be yourself. If others don’t like it, then let them be. Happiness is a choice. Life isn’t about pleasing everybody.
- When you’re up, your friends know who you are. When you’re down, you know who your friends are.
- Don’t look for someone who will solve all your problems; look for someone who will face them with you.
- If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him.
- No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
- Many people are so poor because the only thing they have is money.
- Learn to appreciate the things you have before time forces you appreciate the things you once had.
- When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.
- You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
- It’s better to know and be disappointed than to never know and always wonder.
- There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.
- Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.
- If you tell the truth, it becomes a part of your past. If you lie, it becomes a part of your future.
- What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while. Read The Power of Habit.
- You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.
- Things turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
Photo by: Andrew Evans
This post is a huge collection of wisdom and optimism. I have learned a lot from these quotes and will try to apply them on me and lead a positive life. Thank you.
Sam Ryan says
Such beautiful quotes! It helps smile and remember how valuable my journey is..
These quotes are definitely worth reading…
Thank you these quotes really changed me and how I think.
Thank you for these beautiful, inspiring, and thought provoking quotes. You were right, quotes that will change the way you think.
I have shared with others and I appreciate you for compiling them.
Some of them I haven’t ever heard before.
captain progress says
Awesome, solid and fantastic.
eat good..feel good and be good..the best way to gain focus is to remove distractions..:-):-)
Wow, very touching and very helpful. Sometimes you just need that little boost to get through the day.
Utterly inspiring. They say like attracts like, and many of these quotes are perfect representations of that. They help me think positively, an remarkable things happen if you think positively: financial currencies are solved, relationships are established, moral is raised, and even incurable diseases have been recovered-from. It’s an amazing world of abundance for people who stay happy and optimistic, and these sayings are helping a lot of other people to do that.
Really heart touching quotes…
To Marc and Angel,
Your inspiring and awakening thoughts brought back all the painful memories and perhaps those few stupid choices I made in the past.. Honestly, your words spoke to my heart like a sharp sword.
…Suddenly, your meaningful words left a “MARC in me, like a saving Angel.”
Thank you! 😉
Mary Ashley says
Wow!! I never thought a few quotes could change my heart so much… these are some amazingly inspirational wisdom quotes! I intend to re-read them often.
These are such perfect quotes. Really making me think differently.
Thank you. These thoughts really are making me think differently…
Wonderful quotes and ideas. Really inspiring and thought-provoking.
Thank you for such a perfect list of thoughts and quotes to make us think. Exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks for all inspitational quotes and sharing with us.
Thanks so much. These quotes changed my thinking.
An awesome page worth reading when one needs a dose of inspiration…Keep going!
Akonyera Peter says
So inspiring, i’ve always loved your quotes, they make my life meaningful, continue feeding our hungry souls.
These quotes were amazing and I thought that, I couldn’t live a happy life but now I can. Thank you for making my day, I really appreciate it! Keep making good quotes!
I really appreciate these quotes…very Inspiring…after I read them I somehow better realize the importance of ME… thanks a lot!
These inspiring lines are worth re-reading.
These quotes are inspiring and beautiful, believe me.
Hasan abdirizack says
Amazing quotes! They gave me some wonderful ideas, thanks guys.
The majority of these thoughts really help turning your dreams into reality.
These quote are really so motivating — they have helped me a lot.
Very inspiring quotes…
I feel motivated and elevated,I’m lighter now. I love this. Please permit me to share.
Folasade Olajuyin says
I love this piece. It came when I needed it most. Well done. Great thanks to you.
These quotes came at the right time to me. Thanks.
These were really awesome quotes. And I felt them to be incredibly truthful..thnx a lot! 🙂
“One day it just clicks. You realize what’s important and what isn’t. You learn to care less about what people think of you and more about what you think of yourself… You realize how far you’ve come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess that you would never recover……and you SMILE….. You smile because you are truly proud of yourself and the person you’ve fought to become”