post written by: Marc Chernoff
10 Reminders Worth Reviewing Daily
Here are ten daily reminders to keep your mind centered and your spirits lifted.
- Treat yourself the way you want others to treat you. Stop discrediting yourself for everything you aren’t, and start giving yourself credit for everything that you are. We have to learn to be our own best friends, because sometimes we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies. Insecurity is what’s ugly, not you. Accept yourself! Be you, just the way you are, in the beautiful way only you know how.
- The biggest obstacles in your life are the barriers your mind creates. Worrying will never change the outcome. When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over. And do not let where you start, define where you will end up; only your actions and willpower determine that. Read Awaken the Giant Within.
- Sometimes to get where you want to go, you have to do what you are afraid to do. You must be brave and push forward. Miracles occur when you give as much attention and energy to your dreams as you do to your fears.
- You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible. Believe in YOU. If you’re passionate about something, pursue it, regardless of what others say. That’s how dreams come true. And once you’ve dreamed of it, you’re honestly halfway there anyway. So go ahead and follow through. Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions speak louder than your words. Read The Magic of Thinking Big.
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, you just have to take the first step. Taking this first step is always the hardest. But then each subsequent step gets easier and easier. And with each step you get closer and closer to what you seek. Until eventually, what had once been invisible, starts to become visible, and what had once felt unattainable, becomes a reality.
- No matter how many times you revisit the past, there’s nothing new to see. Focus on the next step. Just because you’ve made mistakes doesn’t mean your mistakes get to make you. Tame your inner critic, forgive yourself and move on. Let your old problems stay where they belong – in the past. You must make a conscious effort to do this, it won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, “I don’t care how hard this is. I don’t care how disappointed I am. I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m taking this as a lesson and moving on with my life.”
- No matter how difficult things were yesterday, you are armed with the ability and choice to do better today. A complete turnaround may not happen instantly, but don’t let that deter you from knowing that it will someday. The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Learn from it and don’t give up.
- Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life. Believe with all your heart that you will follow your passion and do what you were made to do. There is no happiness and success to be found by playing it safe and settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. Read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- You can only be yourself, and other people can only be themselves. Sometimes we try to be sculptors, constantly carving out of others the image of what we want them to be – what we think we need, love or desire. But these actions and perceptions are against reality, against their benefit and ours, and always end in disappointment – because it does not fit them. Remember you have the ability to show people how awesome they are, just the way they are. So act on this ability without hesitation; and don’t forget to show yourself the same courtesy.
- Sometimes it’s okay if the only thing you’re doing is breathing. Life can get so crazy and complicated, but always take the time to slow down, reflect, and appreciate what you have. There is always someone out there who wishes that had what you have right now.
Photo by: Toni Blay