10 Reminders Worth Reviewing Daily

10 Reminders You Should Read Daily

Here are ten daily reminders to keep your mind centered and your spirits lifted.

1. Treat yourself the way you want others to treat you.  Stop discrediting yourself for everything you aren’t, and start giving yourself credit for everything that you are.  We have to learn to be our own best friends, because sometimes we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies.  Insecurity is what’s ugly, not you.  Accept yourself!  Be you, just the way you are, in the beautiful way only you know how.
  2. The biggest obstacles in your life are the barriers your mind creates.  Worrying will never change the outcome.  When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.  And do not let where you start, define where you will end up; only your actions and willpower determine that.  Read Awaken the Giant Within.
  3. Sometimes to get where you want to go, you have to do what you are afraid to do.  You must be brave and push forward.  Miracles occur when you give as much attention and energy to your dreams as you do to your fears.
  4. You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.  Believe in YOU.  If you’re passionate about something, pursue it, regardless of what others say.  That’s how dreams come true.  And once you’ve dreamed of it, you’re honestly halfway there anyway.  So go ahead and follow through.  Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions speak louder than your words.  Read The Magic of Thinking Big.
  5. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, you just have to take the first step.  Taking this first step is always the hardest.  But then each subsequent step gets easier and easier.  And with each step you get closer and closer to what you seek.  Until eventually, what had once been invisible, starts to become visible, and what had once felt unattainable, becomes a reality.
  6. No matter how many times you revisit the past, there’s nothing new to see.  Focus on the next step.  Just because you’ve made mistakes doesn’t mean your mistakes get to make you.  Tame your inner critic, forgive yourself and move on. Let your old problems stay where they belong – in the past.  You must make a conscious effort to do this, it won’t happen automatically.  You will have to rise up and say, “I don’t care how hard this is.  I don’t care how disappointed I am.  I’m not going to let this get the best of me.  I’m taking this as a lesson and moving on with my life.”
  7. No matter how difficult things were yesterday, you are armed with the ability and choice to do better today.  A complete turnaround may not happen instantly, but don’t let that deter you from knowing that it will someday.  The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.  Learn from it and don’t give up.
  8. Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.  Believe with all your heart that you will follow your passion and do what you were made to do.  There is no happiness and success to be found by playing it safe and settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.  Read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
  9. You can only be yourself, and other people can only be themselves.  Sometimes we try to be sculptors, constantly carving out of others the image of what we want them to be – what we think we need, love or desire.  But these actions and perceptions are against reality, against their benefit and ours, and always end in disappointment – because it does not fit them.  Remember you have the ability to show people how awesome they are, just the way they are.  So act on this ability without hesitation; and don’t forget to show yourself the same courtesy.
  10. Sometimes it’s okay if the only thing you’re doing is breathing.  Life can get so crazy and complicated, but always take the time to slow down, reflect, and appreciate what you have.  There is always someone out there who wishes that had what you have right now.

Photo by: Toni Blay

Comments

1. mikejay says

Just wanted to drop you a line to say thanks. Your posts always seem to put me in a better state of mind. #10 really hit home with me today.

2. marj says

I enjoyed this one. It would be lovely to print individual articles to hang up or post somewhere to remind a person to “think on these things” without all the other “stuff” on the sidebars, etc.

3. Tamti S.N says

I love it! These are perfect for me at this time. Love to receive these inspiring tips from you. Thanks.

4. Vanshree says

Oh no 9: Remember you have the ability to show people how awesome they are, just the way they are. So act on this ability without hesitation;
    JUST GOT ATTACHED TO MY HEART.
    No 1 and 4 made me reflect ,but no 9 was the biggest turning point for me.
    Your posts give me greater insight each time I re-read them.
    You were truly MEANT and GODSENT to open this blog, and do this job.
    THANKYOU for following your passion.
    Slowly and gradually, you are HEALING the world.
    I am so grateful for having a blog like this to fall back on. You have made me grow and change a lot in the past six months. You should be in the Forbes “Top 100 influential people” list, where you, Angel and your blog should all be put at #1.

5. Mac Dude says

This is a good read, but I think #6 is a bit self contradictory… by “Let(ting) your old problems stay where they belong – in the past. You must make a conscious effort to do this, it won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, “I don’t care how hard this is. I don’t care how disappointed I am. I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m taking this as a lesson and moving on with my life.” You are revisiting the past and seeing something new. Of course what’s new is the way you look at it.

Usually our biggest limiter is our own mind. No matter what our situation, it all begins in the mind. If we somehow give our problems and our situation someone to someone who is confident, this person will deal with it as if it was just another challenge. This is a great reminder that our minds are a lot more powerful than we think.

7. D.Parker says

#2 OMG, thank you… that one is just stuck in my head, your words really helped me a lot this morning!

8. Gena says

Thank you so much for this. I so needed to see #2 today. It’s a version of a statement that I often use (“Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they’re yours.”) but I like the direction of this better.

9. Jerry Hislip says

Marc and Angel, God has certainly blessed you both with great word’s of wisdom. Thank You so much for sharing. Reading your post makes my life richer and happier.

“Sometimes to get where you want to go, you have to do what you are afraid to do. You must be brave and push forward. Miracles occur when you give as much attention and energy to your dreams as you do to your fears.”

Just today a friend was talking about how badly they want to do something but they don’t because they are afraid. I instantly asked them “Is fear in charge of you?” Too many people let their fear rule them over their will.

Excellent list. But i personally find point number 6: “No matter how many times you revisit the past, there’s nothing new to see”, does not apply very well for my case. I would do a lot of reflection about myself by looking at the past so as to improve myself.

12. Arzu says

I read this last night but am only commenting now so I could let it all sink in. This was the perfect blog post for me after the negative events of yesterday. Thank you for helping me keep positive, even while I’m under so much stress at the moment.

Came across your site whilst looking for something completely different, but found the first post I read both well written and inspiring. Considering adding a few of these to my daily reminder post-it :-)

14. Mercedes says

It takes work to do all of this right, but it’s the only way in which you can begin to accomplish good things, karma…

Love your words and your list. #8 is what hit me this morning. Been a little too busy to focus on making that life happen. I plan to keep your list handy and share with others!

16. Singh says

I liked the first point.Probably the one that I require right now.

Sometimes when things don’t go right or you procrastinate,you start to curse yourself, and the negative thinker inside you becomes active.

You start to think thank you are disgusting, and what you are trying to achieve will never be possible for you. It feels disgusting.

But you need to forgive yourself for the mistakes that you have committed, dust yourself and move on with the lesson that you have learned from the situation. Doing this definitely is tough. But it is the only way you can achieve you aim faster, to accept things, learn from them and move on. If you sit there and keep on crying, you will just waste your time and decrease your confidence. I don’t think it is a better option.

Choose wisely what is, because these choices make your life worth living.

17. Ivy Dobrev says

This post has just changed my perspective in the way I live my life! Keep life-changing posts like this coming!

Also, wanna end this comment with this striking quote I just read from TED.com:

“There are thousands and thousands of people out there leading lives of quiet, screaming desperation, where they work long, hard hours at jobs they hate to enable them to buy things they don’t need to impress people they don’t like.” — Nigel Marsh

I think I wanna add that one to my list of everyday reminder – keeping my work and life balance!

Ivy Dobrev

1. I’m making a HUGE change in my life soon and it’s bitter / sweet! It’s a roller coaster of emotions! Thanks for the encouragement! I look for your posts every week! Thank you!

2. Thank you so much for the guidelines that is going to make a better me. I hope to stick to them and make them a success in my life.