Sometimes we just need to kick back and enjoy ourselves. What follows is a list of 101 simple pleasures and enjoyable activities to explore without breaking the bank. This list only skims the surface… the possibilities are endless.
These are the good old days you’re going to miss in the years ahead.
– Author Unknown
- Check out a book from the library and read the afternoon away.
- Break out the old mix-tapes and mix-CDs of yesteryear… soak up the memories and sing your heart out.
- Picnic in secluded areas.
- Bake and eat homemade cookies.
- Start a blog.
- Hike outdoors and explore Mother Nature.
- Head downtown with a friend and two digital cameras. Shoot as many funny and interesting photos as you can. Then go home and sort through them all.
- Find old stuff in your attic, put it up on eBay and watch the bids role in.
- Play old-school board games like Monopoly and Scrabble.
- Read interesting articles online… Reddit, StumbleUpon, Digg, Metafilter, etc.
- Brew a fresh pot of coffee (or tea) and share it with someone over an interesting conversation.
- Take a candlelight bubble bath.
- Learn to play guitar (or any musical instrument) online.
- Go swimming.
- Crank up the tunes, break out the Wii and invite some friends over.
- Fly a kite.
- Research and discover new bands and musicians similar to the music you already like.
- Re-watch a great movie you haven’t seen in years.
- Host a long night of $10 Texas Hold’em Poker with 9 of your friends. Make sure you understand poker odds.
- Learn to play other card games too… especially Spades!
- Find and pick beautiful wild flowers.
- Test-drive a really expensive car.
- Drink cheap beer and share funny stories with your friends.
- Fire up the backyard BBQ. [Read more…]