Right now is a phenomenon. Right now extraordinary things are happening.
- A soldier of sorts is diligently fighting the fight so you don’t have to.
- Someone who suffered from a severe injury last year is back on their feet.
- A small group of people are building something that will soon make the impossible possible.
- Somewhere on Earth a double rainbow is stretched from one end of the horizon to the other.
- One of the next Billboard-chart-topping musical artists is patiently rehearsing in her garage.
- A piece of literature is being written that will eventually change your perspective on life.
- Young children all over the world are singing and dancing before they even realize there is anything that isn’t music.
- A friend is helping a friend rise above thoughts of suicide.
- Someone is thinking what you’re thinking, but hasn’t said anything yet either.
- Two people in your hometown are falling in love.
- Somewhere someone is admiring a breathtaking sunrise, and somewhere else a surreal sunset.
- People of various religious backgrounds are in temples, churches, mosques and other places of worship praying, wholeheartedly, for world peace.
- Someone who has struggled with their weight for the last several years is standing on a scale and smiling.
- Hundreds of cute elderly couples are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.
- A baby girl just took her first few steps without falling.
- Two best friends are laughing so hard they aren’t even making any noise.
- A future world leader is in grade school at recess.
- Someone is in the process of sincerely forgiving a seemingly unforgivable act.
- There’s a kid studying hard somewhere who aspires to get to where you are in life.
- A firefighter is running into a burning building to rescue a perfect stranger.
- Someone in your vicinity genuinely wants to be your friend.
- A young mom is lying in a hospital bed and holding her newborn baby twins for the very first time.
- Someone is taking a shower and singing happily at the top of their lungs.
- There is someone out there who smiles when they think of a specific moment they once shared with you.
- An alcoholic just celebrated one full year of sobriety.
- Volunteers in major cities all over the world are working at homeless shelters caring for those who are less fortunate than themselves.
- A person is pulled over on the side of the road, helping someone else change a flat tire.
- A high school athlete just broke her own personal record.
- Two teenagers just received their very first kiss ever from each other.
- A husband and wife who were drowning in debt five years ago proudly hold a balance of zero on their credit cards.
- Someone is hugging a friend who desperately needs it.
- A new small business owner just wrapped up his first profitable year working for herself.
- A grandfather is holding his granddaughter’s hand and they’re both smiling from ear to ear.
- Someone just placed their spare change in the charity collection cup at the grocery store.
- A small group of friends are sitting around a table sharing funny stories and cheerfully reminiscing about the good old days.
- A breast cancer patient just found out her cancer is in complete remission.
- Someone out there is missing you and looking forward to your next visit.
- Honest people are working for various government entities to help protect your basic human rights and civil liberties.
- An emergency room surgeon is in the middle of saving his patient’s life.
- Someone is holding the door open for the person behind them.
Right now is a new beginning. Right now is an opportunity.
Do something extraordinary.
If you enjoyed this article and are seeking further inspiration, I highly recommend Gives Me Hope: 127 Most Inspiring Bite-Sized Stories.
Photo by: NASA
Goosebumps. Coming across this site could not have come at a better time for me. Every single one gave me a new perspective on life when I was really starting to doubt the genuine goodness of it.
this amazing list gave me an amazing idea while reading just halfway through it! It will make an amazing video! every item on the list is already a frame-by-frame storyboard! And the last one would be a newborn baby with his/her smiling mother!
thanks. really put things in perspective.
Thank you. I read number ten and was kinda disappointed because I am from a very small town (20ish), so I doubted this was very likely to be true. But, then I realized something even more extraordinary. It was my mom and dad. Biggest smile I’ve had in weeks!!!
This actually almost made me cry. It’s beautiful to think about some of these things happening right now.
one of the best things i have read…and am all tears
Absolutely stunning to think of all of the amazing things that are occurring at any given time on this planet. I had goosebumps the entire time reading this!
Thank You for this list. It made my day.
This just cheered me up so much. I have a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. Thank you. 🙂
Dieta rapida says
Great article! Cheers.
Wow!! This article is so awesome and true. That’s all I can say.
Thank you.. So much. That really put things into perspective for me. I was really upset, and this has cheered me up. It had me in tears (of happiness!) by the time I had finished it, because I was imagining all those amazing things happening. Thank you, again.
Stellar Meadow says
Holy beautiful!! It’s things like this that are slowly changing my life. I love it!
Wow, made me smile, laugh, and cry. Great thought put into this , just the little things being multiplied by the human race. Stunning.
Frain Chakrit says
At this time, people like me are reading this article and smiling, and somebody is thinking they should post a comment to say “thank you.” Somebody has found a little more hope. Awesome piece of work. I loved it! Thank you very much.
Aj Banda says
Every single item on the list touched me, and reminded me that life is worth living! 🙂
Bryon Remo says
It’s refreshing to hear a non-cynical perspective on life. It is so easy to get bogged down by the vices which exist throughout the world. If only the news could start with a fraction of these stories, perhaps we’d all be a bit more grateful, a little less negative and a lot more inspired.
This site is inspiring. 🙂
Looking at the glass, half full. Every second of our lives counts, we must not waste it. Do good and feel good.
Thank you. 🙂
Some people come into this world, see the show and walk away… while some people come to this world, create the show and stay forever. Very inspiring.
This entry made me smile.. I find this blog really interesting, I love it!
I really love your articles. This one is particularly inspiring. Keep up the good work.
This is so weird. I just tweeted about being extraordinary and then saw this. Love your blog. Very inspring. I would be humbled to have as many followers. Wish you the best.
#39 resonated quite strongly with me. I was saved from dying back in June 2011; a day before my 46th birthday. I had suffered a massive heart attack in the presence of a medical doctor.
The interesting thing is, how do you thank the people that save lives? what do you say to them? Will a thank you and a hug be sufficient? or should they be honored differently?
This post got me out of a dark mental place. Thank you for all of the inspiring bits of wisdom you post! I come to your blog in times of emotional turmoil and it always helps lead me back to the path I wandered from.
I don’t cry often, but this really touched me.
I like it !
Very well written. Nice work. I’ll be reading more of your blog.
Thanks for publishing such an excellent list.
Dear Ones Marc and Angel, This is one of the best blogs I have ever read. I’m finding it hard to come up with a superlative to fit, So after a long thought out deliberation, I’m going with Fastasmagorical. 🙂
This is an awesome list, I come back here from time to time and always leave smiling… XOXO
I love this blog – I now pick one list every week and try to do at least 3 things from them. Thanks so much for that – is there any chance you can add a Pinterest button as I have a board just for your stuff!
Abdul Rauf says
How true it is!
This is pretty inspiring.
Something wonderful happened to each of us today. We woke up. Now we have the opportunity to smile, laugh and make today a happy day for ourselves and maybe even someone else. Sure we all know today could be our last day. Do we live that way? The reality hits when a friend is battling cancer or your own doctor gives you a time stamp. Why wait until then?
so good ! a nice way of getting me to stop and reflect, thank you 🙂
I love this post! So inspiring. It’s a great way of looking at life and focusing on the positive aspects. Thanks for reminding me of the beauty in the world.
I needed this today. Thank you.
Taomi Reynolds says
I am praying all the time for complete strangers, hoping every day that this makes their life.
We are making a difference reaching out to ones in need. Bless you Stranger, I wish you well.
I was having a pretty terrible day to be honest, and feeling kinda low.
Found a link to this page through facebook of all things, and read the list.
And i bacame purely inspired within an insatant.
Keri C. says
This is an amazing read! Thank you so much.
Prince Krupke says
Thank You for writing such an inspiring blog!