No matter what happens, no matter how far you seem to be away from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it. Have an unrelenting belief that things will work out, that the long road has a purpose, that the things that you desire may not happen today, but they will happen. Persist and persevere, your desired path remains possible.
Here are 40 quotes to help you follow your passion and find meaningful work.
- The heart of human excellence often begins to beat when you discover a pursuit that absorbs you, frees you, challenges you, and gives you a sense of meaning, joy and passion.
- I have found that one thing that helps me to live peacefully and mindfully on this glorious planet is successful engagement in meaningful work, keeping my mind where my hands are.
- Your work is to discover your work and then, with all your heart, to give yourself to it.
- A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write. This concept can be universally applied.
- Everything worthwhile in life is work. But if it puts a smile on your face, it doesn’t feel like work.
- Hard work becomes easy when your work becomes your play. Never underestimate the value of loving what you do. Read The 4-Hour Workweek.
- Continue to work hard at what you love no matter what the odds are. Eventually, someone will praise and appreciate what you do.
- It’s not how much money you make that ultimately makes you happy. It’s whether or not your work fulfills you.
- The best feeling in the world is getting paid to do what you love.
- Don’t be normal. Sadly, normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you financed, in order to get to the job that you don’t really like, but that you need, to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
- Often people attempt to live their lives backwards. They try to acquire more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.
- The secret to success regardless of your passion is no secret. Just work hard and add real value to people’s lives.
- When we focus on leading a passionate, meaningful life, we are also inadvertently creating a spectacular ripple effect of inspiration in the lives around us. When one person follows a dream, tries something new, or takes a daring leap, everyone nearby feels their passionate energy; and before too long, they are making their own daring leaps while simultaneously inspiring others.
- Be the kind of person others admire, can count on, trust, and enjoy spending time with. After you have developed that reputation, people will start to ask you what you do, and you will be amazed at how many people will want to work with you on the things that matter to you.
- Never make up excuses, because excuses are lies confirming that you are not being true to your heart. And don’t look for shortcuts in life either, because if you do you are only fooling yourself. Simplify your life, work toward your goals, show respect and be true to yourself and others. There is only one ‘you;’ reinvent the very best of ‘you’ every chance you get.
- There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living
- Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights your way.
- Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.
- If you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.
- Neglecting passion blocks creative flow. When you’re passionate, you’re energized. Likewise, when you lack passion, your energy is low and unproductive. Energy is everything when it comes to being successful.
- When passion and skill work together, the end result is often a masterpiece. Read The $100 Startup.
- There are people who live in a dream world, and there are people who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.
- Define what success looks like for you then go after it.
- There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.
- If you are passionate about it, pursue it, no matter what anyone else thinks. That’s how dreams are achieved.
- Work for a cause, not for applause. Live your life to express, not to impress.
- Live by choice, not by chance. Make changes, not excuses. Be motivated, not manipulated. Work to excel, not compete. Choose to listen to your inner voice, not the jumbled opinions of everyone else.
- Live your life so that when it’s time to ask where the time went, you can answer: “It went to joyful moments with family and friends, to my search for passion, to doing work that felt like play, to standing up for what I believe in, and to exploring this beautiful world we live in with an open heart. My time went to LIVING my life!”
- Success does not depend so much on your abilities as your choices. Any lack in skill can be more than made up for by how hard you work toward a goal you care about.
- Find what makes you come alive, whatever it is. Become it and let it become you, and great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you.
- When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly know what you are hoping for.
- If you catch yourself working hard and loving every minute of it, don’t stop. You’re on to something big. Because hard work isn’t hard when you concentrate on your passions.
- The best part of life is not just surviving, but thriving with passion, style, compassion, generosity, humor and kindness.
- It’s not about getting a chance, it’s about taking a chance. You’ll rarely be 100% sure it will work, but you can always be 100% sure doing nothing won’t work. Sometimes you just have to go for it.
- If what you’re doing right now is not your passion, you have little to lose. Read Quitter.
- No matter how many times you break down, there should always be a little voice inside you that says, “NO, you’re not done yet! Get back up!” That’s the voice of passion and courage.
- Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.
- Sometimes you have to stop worrying, wondering, and doubting. Have faith that things will work out, maybe not how you planned, but just how it’s meant to be.
- Nothing you have that much passion for is ever a waste of time, no matter how it turns out in the long-term.
- Life is short. If there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now.
Photo by: Munah Ahmed
Good job, great quotes… keep it up 🙂
Sandy Peckinpah says
Wow Angel, What an amazing collection of inspired thoughts. Thank you so much!
Jennifer White says
Marc & Angel, these quotes are in line with my goals exactly 🙂 Thanks for your great posts. I always adore them. Love & light from Australia x
These are great quotes to jump start the weekend. I especially liked #38, “Sometimes you have to stop worrying, wondering, and doubting. Have faith that things will work out, maybe not how you planned, but just how it’s meant to be.” This can be a challenge for most people, but it’s a good challenge.
Sharon Kay says
Your list is great…and exactly what I needed to read today to keep me motivated. Thank you for sharing these quotes.
Felix mack says
All great quotes. Love #25 – so true. So many people do not pursue their passion so they remain “stuck” living a life someone else is designing for them!
Ara Bedrossian says
“Don’t be normal. Sadly, normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you financed, in order to get to the job that you don’t really like, but that you need, to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.”
Live mindfully, realize reality, and many of our problems simply go away.
I love these quotes, but how to follow your passion when there are people who live with you and sabotage those passions, and you don’t have enough money to move out? I’ve going through a really tough time right now, and no one seems to want to help me, and what little help I ask for I have to beg to get…
3 & 4 spoke to me the most. I went through alot of different careers and tried alot of different jobs and passions, then I found that I love to write and I love to help other people make their lives a little bit brighter. Thanks for the positive inspiration today. It’s always welcome. I look forward to reading more.
This one below – really stood out in that list of 40……….it just has a very strong visual & auditory appeal…….that sound from the tossing of the coin…..its journey up skyward…….and then down……and a world of dreams & aspirations spinning between those moments……amazing!!!!
“When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly know what you are hoping for”
Love these inspiring quotes. I would life to put two in my blog. Trying to figure out how to give you credit for them. I will before I post. I’m always looking for inspiration…. and you have given quite a bit. Thanks.
priyanka paryani says
I would love to meet you both . I am crazy for you people. Whatever you write hits the heart spot for em. You people rock. Please, consider me as your biggest fan 🙂 love and lots of love and respect for what you people do. Amazing. Hats off.
Great list, Angel. It’s kinda like seeing life as fascinating, isn’t it? If life is a struggle, a bore, or something to fear, we try to run from it. But all your points suggest that we see life as an adventure every single day.
To express ourselves and to connect with people. That’s what helps keep things fresh and exciting.
Wow! These are so refreshing! Loving these phrases for passion. Thank you. =)
Diane Clement says
What a great list, #10 being my fav. Cheers to stepping out of mediocrity and into greatness.
I love this site and I am so grateful I found it, I always look forward to the latest post, love #24 #38 “there are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few that will catch your heart.” so very true!
Thank you both for all your wisdom and inspiration it really helps, love from another Aussie fan.
Joseph michael says
Love it. Great inspiration here. I love the one about success being linked to our choices. So true. I just tweeted a good one this morning “Success is moving from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Sir Winston Churchill
Thanks for your Quote ” Purpose is the reason you journey – passion is the fire that lights your way”.. It not only hit me in the heart, but, also brought me to tears … I’ve been looking for a meaning to my successful career as a servant .. Now i’ve found the – why ? My beautiful baby boy was dying at a baby age of 10 with a cancer that had traveled up from his kidney and into his heart and the doctors informed us that this was gonna be a severe challenge.. They stated that death was a good possibility … God ! what PAIN !!!But thanks to the many well wishers , many who stood by my wife and I, my son beat tremendous odds against him. . . It was at this time that i promised myself to live a life of gratitude and i have.
Steve Elsaesser says
Numbers 1-9 are my favorites…
because I have not gotten any farther.
Bedtime, ya know?
so true…you guys are great!
thanks, i read every blog you write, keep inspiring others 🙂
Wonderful, as usual. You are a true Angel, Angel! Thanks!
Number 4 is my favourite… “A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write. This can be universally applied.”
You’re such an inspiration.. I was stuck on making a tough decision which could have an huge impact on my future. But you have helped me make that decision. Thank you soo much!!
Truly great passion quotes. Gave me the motivation I needed this morning.
I just read one article and I can’t stop reading. Great articles!
These quotes are going to change my life. I am printing them out and putting them on my kitchen wall to read every day. Thanks.
Chelle Bowman says
I especially love quote number 33, “The best part of life is not just surviving, but thriving with passion, style, compassion, generosity, humor and kindness”. I live this to my core.
Great quotes you have here.. Very inspiring & cool.
Thanks for sharing 🙂