post written by: Angel
40 Quotes to Help You Follow Your Passion
No matter what happens, no matter how far you seem to be away from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it. Have an unrelenting belief that things will work out, that the long road has a purpose, that the things that you desire may not happen today, but they will happen. Persist and persevere, your desired path remains possible.
Here are 40 quotes to help you follow your passion and find meaningful work.
- The heart of human excellence often begins to beat when you discover a pursuit that absorbs you, frees you, challenges you, and gives you a sense of meaning, joy and passion.
- I have found that one thing that helps me to live peacefully and mindfully on this glorious planet is successful engagement in meaningful work, keeping my mind where my hands are.
- Your work is to discover your work and then, with all your heart, to give yourself to it.
- A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write. This concept can be universally applied.
- Everything worthwhile in life is work. But if it puts a smile on your face, it doesn’t feel like work.
- Hard work becomes easy when your work becomes your play. Never underestimate the value of loving what you do. Read The 4-Hour Workweek.
- Continue to work hard at what you love no matter what the odds are. Eventually, someone will praise and appreciate what you do.
- It’s not how much money you make that ultimately makes you happy. It’s whether or not your work fulfills you.
- The best feeling in the world is getting paid to do what you love.
- Don’t be normal. Sadly, normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you financed, in order to get to the job that you don’t really like, but that you need, to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
- Often people attempt to live their lives backwards. They try to acquire more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.
- The secret to success regardless of your passion is no secret. Just work hard and add real value to people’s lives.
- When we focus on leading a passionate, meaningful life, we are also inadvertently creating a spectacular ripple effect of inspiration in the lives around us. When one person follows a dream, tries something new, or takes a daring leap, everyone nearby feels their passionate energy; and before too long, they are making their own daring leaps while simultaneously inspiring others.
- Be the kind of person others admire, can count on, trust, and enjoy spending time with. After you have developed that reputation, people will start to ask you what you do, and you will be amazed at how many people will want to work with you on the things that matter to you.
- Never make up excuses, because excuses are lies confirming that you are not being true to your heart. And don’t look for shortcuts in life either, because if you do you are only fooling yourself. Simplify your life, work toward your goals, show respect and be true to yourself and others. There is only one ‘you;’ reinvent the very best of ‘you’ every chance you get.
- There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living
- Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights your way.
- Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.
- If you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.
- Neglecting passion blocks creative flow. When you’re passionate, you’re energized. Likewise, when you lack passion, your energy is low and unproductive. Energy is everything when it comes to being successful.
- When passion and skill work together, the end result is often a masterpiece. Read The $100 Startup.
- There are people who live in a dream world, and there are people who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.
- Define what success looks like for you then go after it.
- There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.
- If you are passionate about it, pursue it, no matter what anyone else thinks. That’s how dreams are achieved.
- Work for a cause, not for applause. Live your life to express, not to impress.
- Live by choice, not by chance. Make changes, not excuses. Be motivated, not manipulated. Work to excel, not compete. Choose to listen to your inner voice, not the jumbled opinions of everyone else.
- Live your life so that when it’s time to ask where the time went, you can answer: “It went to joyful moments with family and friends, to my search for passion, to doing work that felt like play, to standing up for what I believe in, and to exploring this beautiful world we live in with an open heart. My time went to LIVING my life!”
- Success does not depend so much on your abilities as your choices. Any lack in skill can be more than made up for by how hard you work toward a goal you care about.
- Find what makes you come alive, whatever it is. Become it and let it become you, and great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you.
- When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly know what you are hoping for.
- If you catch yourself working hard and loving every minute of it, don’t stop. You’re on to something big. Because hard work isn’t hard when you concentrate on your passions.
- The best part of life is not just surviving, but thriving with passion, style, compassion, generosity, humor and kindness.
- It’s not about getting a chance, it’s about taking a chance. You’ll rarely be 100% sure it will work, but you can always be 100% sure doing nothing won’t work. Sometimes you just have to go for it.
- If what you’re doing right now is not your passion, you have little to lose. Read Quitter.
- No matter how many times you break down, there should always be a little voice inside you that says, “NO, you’re not done yet! Get back up!” That’s the voice of passion and courage.
- Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.
- Sometimes you have to stop worrying, wondering, and doubting. Have faith that things will work out, maybe not how you planned, but just how it’s meant to be.
- Nothing you have that much passion for is ever a waste of time, no matter how it turns out in the long-term.
- Life is short. If there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now.
Photo by: Munah Ahmed